Job Title: Business Analyst / Data Analyst
Location: 100% remote
Duration: 1 year contract
Key to success is someone with Looker experience.
Analytics is a highly leveraged team which includes Data Science, Business Intelligence and Customer Success capabilities. We leverage structured data from 2 billion annual prescription transactions from 190 million patients and unstructured data from our call centers, claims and customers.
Apply your analytics, product management, and BI tool experience in support of our flagship, client-facing BI tool which is powered by Looker. This position will work closely with the Senior Manager who owns responsibility for this tool, and the broader analytics team, to integrate new data sets, build dashboards, support internal and external users, and perform ongoing enhancements:
• Support our BI tool through a growth phase of incorporating new products and services; vetting and understanding new data streams and building new visuals and dashboards within Looker.
• Understand customer business questions and translate requests into requirements for creating dashboards or visuals that answer those questions.
• Work with the team to identify new opportunities to connect disparate data and build visuals and dashboards that provide valuable insights to our clients.
• Support best practices in visual and dashboard design, documentation and training.
• Support ongoing product enhancement, maintenance, and QC
What we need from you:
• B.S. degree in quantitative discipline (statistics, math, economics, finance) preferred or demonstrated success at performing analysis on large datasets.
• 2+ years’ experience in analytics and/or BI tool support, building dashboards and evaluating data or a degree in a quantitative field.
• Experience in analytics or related quantitative field; understand the basics of data analysis, data manipulation, and seeing the relationships between different data sources. Experience with data visualization or best design practice would be helpful. UX skills would be a bonus.
• Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or life sciences preferred but not required.
• Experience building and maintaining dashboards in a BI tool.
• Ability to query data and perform basic analysis via SQL, Python, SAS, or LookML.
• Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to explain data and dashboards to an audience with a variety of technical skills.
• Passionate about using data to improve patient medication access and affordability
• Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment, and take ownership of responsibilities
• Ability to effectively use communication tools to work within a team that is not all located in the same office
• Mindset to continuously learn and develop